Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twitterific: Entering the New Year with--Poetry & Twitter?

Okay, it's notable, I admit, that there are NO books of poetry on yesterday's 17 notable books of 2008 post. Another admission: I read exactly ONE book of poetry in 2008. (Of course, it was a good one: Brian Brodeur's Other Latitudes. It was featured on this blog right here.) That's pretty pathetic, I admit. As someone interested in books and reading, I should be ashamed of myself, shouldn't I?

Well, no. But I AM going to make it a point to at least double my reading of poetry books in 2009. Small steps. Small steps.

Those of you interested in poetry would do well to check out Growler at growlerpoetry.org. This site is managed by the good people at Barrelhouse Magazine.

Interested in submitting a review of a book of poetry? It's easy. Contact them at growlerpoetry@gmail.com.

Oh, and yes, I'm now on Twitter. Look me up. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing over there yet, or how to go about doing it, but I'll learn soon enough. It's a crazy world. What's next? What's next?

Kyle

P.S.
I remembered two other books of poetry I read this year: Carsten Rene Nielsen's Husundersøgelser and a bunch of David Keplinger's fine translations of some of Nielsen's poems, collected in The World Cut Out With Crooked Scissors.

No comments: